Topic: World Map usage.

Been thinking about something and I guess it might not be hard to implement.
WorldMap isn't used as frequently as it should and its goal is to show only quests, unique items, normal items and online/offline players. You must be thinking about what the hell I'm going with this..hehe
I suggest a new command to be added

/msg bot teleport x-position y-position
ex: /msg idlerpg teleport 306 124

This should change your position in the mysql database and location on map.
What good should this do?
Use your orientation skills to try relocating on a item position so your engineer can upgrade some points from it.
Fail message:

<idlerpg> Player-X has teleported to another location and found nothing. He will ask Bear Grylls for directions next time.

Success message:

<idlerpg> Player-X has teleported to another location and found a level 194 Glowing Shield. His orientation skill got better.
<idlerpg> Player-X's shield was upgraded 'x' points by its engineer from the level 194 Glowing Shield.

Requirements:
If this gets done the bot will have a massive lag on its core because of incoming queries so restrictions must be applied, like:
- Required minimum level.
- Command usage (5-10-50 / level).
- Gold coins required for each teleportation (10-20 / command).

This might keep players active for some time and make the game more interesting, also, the world map would be used alot more.
NOTE: If developed, this should not be added for player fights (locations are public) or it can be removed from playerview.php
I'm not a whizzard in PERL but I'm guessing that when two players share the same location the code has a string to start a fight or when a player reaches same location on a weapon it gets upgraded by engineer. Maybe its not that hard to implement :-p

Thanks for reading and waiting on feedback.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: World Map usage.

The only problem I can forsee is users(such as I) could just download the map, and look for dot colors for unique items and the such. IDK about everyone else, but I know how the map relates to a players x,y so it wouldn't be to hard to figure out where items are on the map

Hide everything that you wish as much as you can. Sooner or later the grass dies and everyone will be able to see the dirt.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So instead of using a teleport command, maybe a /msg bot Move xPos yPos
and, like a quest, your character will move to that location

Hide everything that you wish as much as you can. Sooner or later the grass dies and everyone will be able to see the dirt.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by OUTsider 2011-10-02 15:58:23)

sure, then I code something to read worldmap.php into my scripts and teleport/move to all the items...

Thumbs up Thumbs down