Topic: source code

The platform source code isn't out of the alpha stages yet, but will be fairly easy to add modules to.
Currently, it is running on the test server (irc://test.idlerpg.org) in #idlealpha.

Re: source code

Any chance of seeing the alpha source? Awesome work so far!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by JohnB0Y 2011-07-11 15:11:28)

Good to see someones working on a newer Version. Hopefully it does not died yet wink

Well, looks like as if that is dead same to the "old" rpg... A shame

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Going to release the source at all?
Would be nice to have a look around it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by JohnB0Y 2011-11-09 00:03:22)

I have been asking that on..... well you can see when wink Long(er) tome ago wink
I have asked them in private, cause i´m running a bigger chan and ppl in there are very interested. I also have some perl, php and sql Coders in my chan. So we could probably help them.
But there is not answer at all

I dont think we will ever see this going to be public, to be honest

Thumbs up Thumbs down

THat's a shame, with a larger community of developers this could turn into something more interesting.

If any of the devs / owners want to chime in, that'd be great.

I also have some perl and php coders about that would be interested in a pet project like this.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

7 (edited by Josefius 2012-01-19 16:37:08)

I would like the source code too please, nothing on sourceforge. I think that was setup in 2007? Still nothing in the download area sad

Are these forums even read anymore?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I never set up a sourceforge project for this.
These forums still get read, but there isn't a lot of traffic.

Would love to see the source if you are going to release it. My site is currently running idlerpg with a few mods and users are getting kind of bored also. With all the mods you guys have put into it I think it's great and just what they are looking for. Any ideas when you are planning on going open source if at all?

Thanks!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I haven't had time to work on it in months.  The little modular framework I've built is hardly anything to show.

Are you doing another rewrite of the game? That's what I'm taking out of your first post in this thread. If that's the case what about the source to what you guys currently run with all the mods that have already been added? Any chance of that going open source?

Thanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm disappointed to see that, so far, no source code has been released.  I've been working on my own rewrite of idlerpg, not knowing about this project.  Now that I have found it, I was hoping to be able to either merge my work into multii, or at least see where I could help out, since I am still early on in my development.

I'll just have to keep working on mine for now.  Maybe if I can recreate idlerpg in my current OO framework, I can see about adding functionality that mutli-rpg has as well, but would rather work with someone, not beside them.

I know my idlerpg has been running for seven years and my players want something more innovative to do, so might as well keep going for now. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

13 (edited by JohnB0Y 2012-04-26 12:35:36)

Would appreciate to see the MultiRPG Code too or any newer than what i got now. If know a few Perl Coder who would help in coding modules too. But with no code it will be hard to do anything. So why dont you guys let us help

Thumbs up Thumbs down

when are you gonna release the source ?
i know many of us users have blown your head off trying to aks you for the source but it  has been pretty much since you said you are going to release it and still nothing !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry for the long time between posts.
I haven't been working on the alpha code for a long time.
I've installed it on a new server, and am working on it a little bit now.

so when will it be released to the public ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BlackDragon wrote:

so when will it be released to the public ?

heh, it would also have to be bug free. That may take a while... [lulz]

IRCSpeed Forums
IRCSpeed IRCd standard RR: irc.ircspeed.org - irc.ircspeed.net - irc.ircspeed.com
IRCSpeed IRCd IPv6 RR: irc6.ircspeed.org - ipv6.ircspeed.org

There has really been no work done on the open source version of the game for over a year as simple has been very busy with work and hasn't had any time to work on it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Are there any News?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Unfortunately, none at all.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess you wont make it public yet, so everyone (who knows Perl/PHP) can help?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

People, really... calm down.  It will be released when it is released and not any sooner.  Real life takes precedence over releasing source code that is really nothing more than a base framework at this stage.  Continually asking when it's going to be released isn't going to bring that about any sooner.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

jrd wrote:

People, really... calm down.  It will be released when it is released and not any sooner.  Real life takes precedence over releasing source code that is really nothing more than a base framework at this stage.  Continually asking when it's going to be released isn't going to bring that about any sooner.

Sorry need to laugh....

The Code, in Alpha Stage, has been announced in 2011.
You may know that we now have 2014. Almost 3 Years in Alpha Stage??? LOL

Some of us already stated that we are willing to help, but all time we just get put off.
So i dont believe the Code will be released ever!!!!!

Maybe if wait 3 more Years. HAHAHA!!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down